The Communities In Schools (CIS) program at La Vega High School is designed to support and strengthen our students through a teamwork approach of community resources, family members, students, school staff, and CIS staff. The program's goal is to increase each child's academic success by assisting with behavior, academics, mentoring and enrichment. CIS is most effective when the student's entire environment works together to help the child.
The CIS staff at La Vega High School consists of Site Coordinator Anastasia Roberts and Community Youth Development (CYD) Case Manager LaQurinda Rhymes. Together, they partner to provide students access to programming during the school day, such as:
- Peer groups (focused on academic skills, social skills, self-esteem and character-building lessons, anger management, bullying, conflict resolution, and healthy relationships)
- Leadership development and community service opportunities
- Tutoring and STAAR, SAT, and ACT preparation
- Resources (clothes, hygiene products, food, etc.) and/or community referrals
- Case-management and mentors for students
- Facilitating parent involvement and so much more!
CIS Office Number: 254-299-6844
Anastasia Roberts, Site Coordinator for LVHS CIS
LaQurinda Rhymes, CYD Casemanager
Becca Cleere, WIOA Career Coach